Sunday, September 30, 2007

Should I Move to my own Domain?

I am writing quite a few different blogs now, on very different topics. I've had several people tell me that should move to my own domains and dump blogger.com.




When I ask why, no one has any really good reasons. "You'll make more money!" Really, where are the statistics for that? "People don't trust blogspot.com blogs!" Really, who doesn't? I read plenty of blogspot blogs. I know a lot of people who read blogspot blogs.




The only argument that I can give some credence to is that if blogger shuts down for some reason, I would be in trouble. That part is true. I don't think google is going to shut down blogger in the near future and I am not sure that blogging is what I plan to do in the long term.




What do you think? Are you afraid to use blogger as a blog platform? Why? If you are using blogger, are you nervous about it at all?








No comments:

Post a Comment