Friday, August 10, 2007

Why Join a Blog Community?

What is a blog community? A blog community is a site that links related blogs and drives more traffic than an individual blog will alone, especially for new blogs. You might join a community that blogs about topics that interest you, or you might join a community for your age group or profession.

For those who want to make money, one bonus of joining a blog community is that, for paid communities, the income will usually start rolling in quicker than it will if you blog on your own.

Sites such as Wordpress.com and Blogger.com are not really communities. They are blog hosting companies. They host your blog for free but don't really do much to create a community.

Some free blogging communities are:
  • MySpace.com - Everyone must have a page on myspace
  • CREN - Christian Real Estate Network blog
  • Blog4Rock - Rock Music Blogging
As you can see, there is a blog community for just about anyone and any interest. If you want to make money, you may want to blog on one of the sites that either pays directly or that shares revenue.

Some paying blog communities:
  • ITToolbox - A Professional Blog Community (I blog here). Pays depending on average hits per day.
  • 451 Press - This one turned out to be bad news.
  • Helium - Many topics. Shares ad revenue.
  • Weblogs, Inc - 90 categories to choose from. I'm not sure how they pay as I don't currently blog for them.
Another nice thing about a blog community is that you have more experienced people that can help you out in a bind. I like having my own blogs where I can post as often as I like about any topic that I like, but I also like being parter of a larger community.

Take care,

LewisC


No comments:

Post a Comment