Wednesday, August 8, 2007

How often should I post?

One of the golden rules of blogging (if you want to grow readership) is that you have to post frequently. That's doesn't mean multiple times per day but it does mean multiple times per week. It doesn't have to be long (I will talk about content and quality in a post later on) but it should be more than just, "I don't have time to post today".

If nothing else, do a google search on an interesting topic and post some links on that. For example, I can search on "blog frequency" and see what pops up.

Interestingly enough, I find a few good links such as, "Why blog post frequency does not matter anymore" and "Optimal blog posting frequency". I just both of these and they are very good.

Also, if you are posting for your own enjoyment, post as often, or as rarely, as you like.

That leads me to make the point that if you aren't having fun, it's just not worth it.

Take care,

LewisC




No comments:

Post a Comment